Turmeric Milk is my favourite and go to night time drink it is so delicious. I find this to be extremely comforting, relaxing, and soothing at night, anything warm in the evening hours has a soothing effects on our digestion and simultaneously relaxes us. Turmeric contains a tone of nutrients anti-inflammatory and antioxidant compounds. Another benefit, it simply tastes delicious!
- 2 cups of nut milk (I prefer almond or coconut milk)
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric (or one-half inch fresh turmeric thinly sliced)
- 1 cinnamon stick or 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract (or 1 vanilla pod)
- 1 tablespoon local/ or raw honey (or honey to your taste)
- Simply pour all ingredients into a small saucepan and bring to a light boil, reduce heat and drink warm.
- Strain if you have large pieces of cinnamon, and vanilla.
* You may use whatever milk you prefer: I recommend coconut or almond milk.
- Add 2-3 whole cardamom pods while boiling
- Add 2-3 whole black peppercorns
- Add 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- Add more honey or maple syrup to sweeten
- Add a pinch of fresh grated ginger