If I am in need of a hearty and soothing feeling, this porridge recipe is my go to staple. By adding in different things that I am craving in the morning I can make a creamy delicious porridge. Some days I crave sweet, so I add blueberries (or any berries That I have on hand). If I need a pick me up I add Cacao nibs, not only that it gives me that extra boost but also gives me a little crunch (which some days I crave)
- 1 cup of gluten free oats (or regular oats is fine)
- 1 cup of boiling water
- 1/2 cups of nut milk (I prefer almond or coconut milk)
- 1 tablespoon of almond butter (for extra creaminess) *optional
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground linseed ( ground flaxseed)
- 1 tablespoon local/ or raw honey (or honey to your taste) *optional
- Simply pour oats in a pot and add the boiling water and let sit with lid on for 10 minutes (but no heat yet). After the ten minutes turn the heat on low to mix in and warm up the nut milk, cinnamon, and vanilla. I also add in any of the variations that I feel like in that day.
* You may use whatever milk you prefer: I recommend coconut or almond milk.
* You may omit almond butter I only add it for the healthy fat and creaminess.
Subtle Variations |
- Add blueberries, strawberries , bananas (or any type of fruit)
- Add nuts
- Add pumpkin seeds
- Add Vanilla
- Add more honey or maple syrup to sweeten *optional